As bad as it was, I learned something about myself. That I could go through something like that and survive
PARENT AID RESOURCE CENTER
The Parc Foundation is a non-profit foundation organized for charitable, educational, scientific and religious purposes for the benefit of children with mental health issues. It was created in 2017 to help families afford the proper treatment and support in raising young boys and girls who have been diagnosed with mental health issues. Particularly, kids living with ADHD, ODD and Bi-Polar disorders.
Written by Kimberly Holland and Elsbeth Riley | Illustrations by Tony Bueno
Medically Reviewed by George T. Krucik, MD, MBA on September 4, 2014
5 Fast Facts
- Males are almost three times more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than females.
- During their lifetimes, 9 percent of men will be diagnosed with the attention disorder. Just 4.9 percent of women will be diagnosed.
- The average age of ADHD diagnosis is 7 years old.
- Symptoms of ADHD typically first appear between the ages of 3 and 6.ADHD isn’t just a childhood disorder.
- Today, about 4 percent of American adults over the age of 18 deal with ADHD on a daily basis.
YOUR SUPPORT HELPS THOUSANDS OF FAMILIES